- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new to Inspiring Dance or a long-time member, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which content we should provide on our site.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, if you choose to email us, we will ask that you include your name and contact info, so we can get back to you in a timely matter.
- Information we get from your use of our site, like how you view and interact with our content.
Like millions of other website owners, we use Google Analytics on inspiringdance.com. Google Analytics is a piece of software that grabs data about our visitors. It’s something like an advanced server log.
What does Google Analytics record?
- What website you came from to get here.
- How long you stay for.
- What kind of computer or device you’re using.
- And quite a bit more.
What do we do with your data?
The tracking information allows us to better understand the kind of people who come to my site and what content they’re reading. This allows us to make better decisions about design and content. Occasionally, we will compile aggregate statistics about the number of visitors this site receives and browsers being used. No personally identifying data is included in this type of reporting. All of our activity falls within the bounds of the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
How we else do we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from our site to provide, maintain, protect and improve the site, to develop new content, and to protect Inspiring Dance and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant information and forms.
When you contact Inspiring Dance, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our site. When showing you content, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Inspiring Dance unless one of the following circumstances apply:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Inspiring Dance when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Inspiring Dance if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Inspiring Dance, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Google and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Inspiring Dance employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.